Associate of Applied Science - Medical Laboratory Technician Program
Upon completion of the objectives, the student will be prepared to do the following:
- Perform medical laboratory procedures under the supervision of a qualified pathologist and/or clinical laboratory scientist.
- Analyze body fluids.
- Identify blood group systems.
- Understand enzymes in the human body.
Clinical Skills Training Center’s Medical Laboratory Technician Program uses the following criteria as outcome measures of the effectiveness of the program.
- Sixty (60) percent of those entering the certificate program will graduate from the program.
- Sixty (60) percent of graduates will find positive placement in employment.
- One hundred (100) percent of all certificate graduates will sit for a certification exam.
- Sixty (60) percent of all graduates will become credentialed.
- Eighty (80) percent of graduate survey responders will “Strongly Agree” or “Agree” when asked to rate the overall quality of their preparation.
- Eighty (80) percent of employers will “Strongly Agree” or “Agree” when asked “Overall, this graduate is a well-prepared employee.”
- Ninety (90) percent of students completing the program will Strongly Agree or Agree that the overall quality of the resources supporting the program are adequate.